The One Who Knows Me Best is the One Who Loves Me Most

These past few weeks, the Lord has truly left me astounded with a simple truth - 

The One Who knows me best is the One Who loves me most. 


It is a line from the song "I Am Your Beloved" by Jonathan David Helser. 

My spiritual mentor, Ps Ashok RK, shared this song to me in May. Although I didn't listen to it until, maybe, 2 weeks later 😅 , I immediately fell deeply in love with the song the moment I heard it. 

(Sharing the YouTube video link here, I Am Your Beloved. You really, absolutely must listen to it.)

And ever since I listened to it, the Holy Spirit has been relentlessly reminding me of this beautiful lyric, this beautiful truth - He knows me best, He loves me most. 


First reminder from the Holy Spirit was this - the day after, I saw this picture. 

Source: Instagram awtozermanofgod

Isn't that the absolute truth? 
1) God knows us better than we know ourselves. He knows where we are. 
2) He knows exactly what we need and when we need it. 
3) He meets us where we are, does or gives us what we need right when we need it. And brings us higher, deeper, closer. To Him. To fullness of life. 


Second reminder came during a Greenhouse Encounter session. 

Note: Greenhouse is a discipleship program by my church Kingdomcity. Encounter is one of the classes/ syllabus (for lack of better word 😅) where we spend time basking ourselves in the presence of God. (OK, I'm really explaining this poorly but I hope you get what I'm trying to say.)

During Encounter, Ps David Storer defined agape this way: 

God looking at you with a total knowing and a total acceptance of all you are. And regardless of whether you are worthy or deserving, God wants to give Himself to you in a way that will bring about your highest good. 

The moment I heard this, my tears came rolling down on its own accord. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, a side story. 

I have to confess - I used to dislike how easily I cry every time I am touched by God. I saw it as a sign of being emotional. And therefore, immature. 😂 I had wanted to be a mature and calm Christian, who doesn't start crying the moment I feel the tangible presence of God. Because that is only for new Christians who are still new in their walk with God. 😂

I had wanted to be the kind of (mature) Christian who is so constantly filled with the presence of God, that it should already be a norm to me. Nothing to be emotional about anymore. (Yes, that was my thought pattern last time 🙈).

You see how subtle the lie of the enemy, twisting even something beautiful such as this. 

But now, I embrace my every emotion - every tear, every laugh, every calmness - fully, wholly as I come to the Lord. No more opinion of how things should be. No more trying to fit myself into a self-envisioned image. 

Because, since that is how God has created me, has designed me (with shallow tear wells 😅), I simply yield to God's blueprint. 

So, nowadays you'll probably see me in church with my face mask wet from my fresh tears very often. 😄 I won't be trying to wipe them off quickly anymore. 


(After I shared this blog post to some brothers and sisters in Christ, many others also shared their experience of being easily overflowing with tears when in His presence. Now I know I am not the only one. 

While reading what they wrote, this thought came to my mind - The Holy Spirit does not mind, let alone despise, our tears. He is well pleased with our every emotion when we're enjoying His presence, be it tears, laughter, calmness. 

Often times, we are the ones who complicate simple and beautiful things. 

So, yes, brothers and sisters, simply embrace our emotion as we enjoy being with Him, and yield to Him.) 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But yes, back to my story. 

As I was saying, the Holy Spirit has been constantly reminding of this truth - He loves me. He knows me. 

In fact, He did more than just reminding me. He proves it to me (with God stories again, of course), over and over. 

A revelation has now become my reality.

Because a few incidents happened, which as I reflected in hindsight (which I will be sure to write about next), are all manifestations of this truth. 

The One Who knows me best is the One Who loves me most. 


Beloved in Christ, this is not just a combination of words to make up a beautiful sentence or a beautiful lyric. This is truth. This is reality. This is life. 

May the Holy Spirit reveal, remind and bring to manifestation this truth to us daily!

Popular posts from this blog

Motherhood - Part 4 (Crucifying that Ideal)

Motherhood - Part 1 (Dying to Self)

Reflection from Daniel - Nebuchadnezzar