Reflecting on a Reflection I had, this day a year ago

This is something I reflected on 3 April 2020. Recording it here, for my own remembrance. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been pondering this question -
What hinders God's people from coming to full consciousness of Christ? 
What hinders us from our complete union with Christ?

I believe that there could be many factors. We are not be able to grasp our fullness in and our oneness with Christ due to many hindrances. 

But as I was reading the epistles of apostle Paul, I realized that there are 2 biblical truths (from 2 verses) that are so profound and fundamental yet never fully realized by Christians.

1. The first is on our faith.

Galatians 2:20 (KJV) I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me.

Many Christians go through life thinking and feeling that they do not have enough faith. That they can't and will never be able to do something simply because their faith is not strong enough. Andrew Wommack said this - It's not a faith problem. It's your unbelief.

Indeed, it is NOT a faith problem. Why? Because "the life we now live in our flesh, we are living it by the faith OF the Son of God". Whose faith do we have? Whose faith it is that's in us? It is the faith of the Son of God. It is Jesus' faith.

There is definitely and absolutely nothing inadequate or lacking in Jesus' faith. And we have this faith.

2. The second is on the power we have in Christ.

Ephesians 1:19-20 (CJB) and how surpassingly great is his power working in us who trust him. It works with the same mighty strength he used when he worked in the Messiah to raise him from the dead and seat him at his right hand in heaven,

Again, many Christians think that "Jesus has the power, the apostles have the power, certain man of God has the power, but not me. I believe in God with my whole heart, but still I don't have enough power." 

But do you realize what Eph 1:20 says? God's power is working in you and me. And this power is the same mighty power that He works in raising Jesus from the dead and seat Him at His right hand! Please read it again if you're still not getting it.

We, who trust Him, have this kind of power! And what mighty awesome power this is!


Popular posts from this blog

Motherhood - Part 4 (Crucifying that Ideal)

Motherhood - Part 1 (Dying to Self)

Reflection from Daniel - Nebuchadnezzar