God-Incidence: Find My Song Again

God-incidence #2 was a gentle reminder from my God that I have, somewhat, lost my song. 


This was what happened. 

On the night of Saturday, 16th Mar, I was reading this from Frank Viola's 'Hang On, Let Go'. 

Source: Personal

He was writing and laying out the practical things that we can do during our trials, lessons taught to us in 2 Chro 20. 

One of the lessons was this Lesson 7: To thank and praise God for the victory before it manifests. 

Another one was Lesson 5, where in the author's words, he puts it like this:

Pursuing God during adversity will include many different ways of seeking Him with our bodies and our voices....

Point: What's pent up inside needs to be released to the Lord. 

I read it as I would and have read all other good books - reflecting on the truth penned down. 


Then came Sunday and I listened to this preaching by our pastor, Ps. Mark Varughese, on 'Why Sing?'. You can listen to the sermon here: Why Sing

He quoted from the exact same incident from the Bible: 2 Chro 20, one of the reasons to why sing. 


During service, Ps. Mark led us to sing even in the middle of his sermon. And as I sang, I knew what the Lord had wanted to show me. 

It had been some time since I last sang with such abandonment during congregation worship. I sang, I cried, I released. I felt the power of the Holy Spirit flowing through my body. 


After service finished, I felt such a lightness in my soul. 

Sitting in the car, thinking back of the service that just happened, I heard the Holy Spirit whispered this to me: You had lost your voice. 


I was a bit shocked to hear that and didn't quite understand what it meant. I do still sing. During personal time, during corporate worship. So, I found myself asking, "What do you mean I had lost my voice, Lord?". 


I then tried to recall the last time I sang like that. At the top of my voice, almost as if I didn't mind breaking my voice, completely abandoned to the Lord. And I realised it had been quite a while. 


I did loss my voice, my song. Without realising it. 

Sometime life does that to our soul. 

Sometime going through tough time steal our song. 

On another hand, going through mundane time could steal our song too. 


I am thankful to my Lord for not allowing me to continue on in this song-less period. With His help, I shall find my song again. Because I've got a song to sing. A song of songs, much like Solomon's song singing of his love for the Shulamite girl. 

And I gotta sing it aloud! For my sake, and for the sake of others so that they can hear of God. And above all, sing it out loud to glorify Him! 


Beloved in Christ, 

Have you lost your voice? Have you lost your song? 

May we pursue God with the whole of our being - body (voice, emotion, movement and all), soul and spirit. All the time. 

Sing out loud! 

Popular posts from this blog

Motherhood - Part 4 (Crucifying that Ideal)

Motherhood - Part 1 (Dying to Self)

Reflection from Daniel - Nebuchadnezzar