My God Story: Part 6.6 - Prophetic Words and Visions

This is (technically) not Part 6.6 of my God story but everything just fell in place so perfectly (on time and spot on) that I had to interrupt my God story temporarily to journal this. 


In summary, God has been speaking to me about prophetic words these past few weeks. 


God first spoke to me through this sermon on 12th Sept where Apostle Joshua Selman spoke about 'being willing to receive the prophetic as there must be a representation of the spiritual in the earth realm. This side of the kingdom echoing the spiritual realm.'


Then, I wrote about receiving a prophetic word about unstopping my wells from a dear brother in Christ (Ps. Ashok RK) back in July 2019 here on 26th Sept.


Then, on 27th Sept night, my husband and I received a prophetic word from a sister in Christ (sis Elizabeth, Ps. Ashok RK's wife) over a ZOOM call. About a breakthrough that is coming our way very soon. 

Before we ended the call, Ps. Ashok jokingly said to us 'be careful when you open the door, you might find Jesus standing at the door.'

On the same night, he wrote these words-

The Lord impresses upon me to share this -
The prophetic word both announces what God is about to do AND initiates the action.
"Do well to heed it as a light that shines in a dark place until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts." "By it wage the good warfare."
Hold fast the prophetic word spoken over your life. It will come to pass. Don't give up, your breakthrough is at hand, it is at the door.

Little did he know that, right after we finished our call and I opened the door of our room, I was suddenly reminded of a vision sis Elizabeth had of me years ago. 

10 years ago, to be exact. 

At that time, my husband and I had just got married. (Yup, now you know how long we've been married.πŸ˜€) I had just moved to Kerteh. 

And after meeting them for the first time in Sunday service, Ps. Ashok and sis Elizabeth invited us over to their house for dinner. That night, after dinner, they prayed over us. 

As sis Elizabeth prayed, she received this vision of me - of a vessel being broken and rebuilt by God 3 times. And finally, a beautiful vessel emerged. 

I remember leaving their house that night, filled with mixed feelings of joy (who doesn't want God to make them into a beautiful vessel?) and anxiety (come on, you'll agree that the thought of being broken 3 times isn't as attractive right? πŸ˜‚). 

Source: Internet

Well, time passed and I didn't give it much thought after that. 

And then, when I was trying to get pregnant and when my firstborn son was born, on these 2 occasions, I remember tallying the vessel breaking counts. 

And wondering in my heart, "God, is this 2 times of breaking already?" Bewildered in my heart on whether the experience counts as a breaking and I get to cross it off the 3 vessel breaking counts, and at the same time, dreading the next breaking that is coming. 


And then (I guess you can guess what happened), over the years, I have quite forgotten about this vision. 

Until Monday night. 

As I opened the door, exiting the room, the Holy Spirit just suddenly bring to remembrance this particular vision. 

 

When I opened the door, I didn't find Jesus standing at my door. πŸ˜†

Instead, I found the Holy Spirit reminding me of a 10 year old vision, affirming to me that the vision has now come to pass in full. 

The struggle while trying to get pregnant and scare of miscarriage. Break. Rebuild. 

The grief of our firstborn being born with a genetic condition. Break. Rebuild. 

The dark, night season of in-identity. Break. Rebuild. 


That night, as I lie in bed, such joy and thankfulness filled my being. What's even more amazing is that, that overflowing joy and thankfulness continued to fill me. 

I believe the Holy Spirit was showing and affirming to me that I have found living water in my wells, in my fountain and in my river. And that a beautiful vessel has now emerged (albeit after 10 yearsπŸ˜…). Hallelujah! 

And now, I look forward to the manifestation of a new prophetic word over me and my family, with renewed joy, renewed hope and renewed confidence. 


Indeed, beloved in Christ, the prophetic - be it a prophetic word or a vision or a dream - announces what God is about to do in your life AND initiates it.

May we be like Mary - “Behold the maidservant of the Lord! Let it be to me according to your word.” (Luke 1:38)

Popular posts from this blog

Motherhood - Part 4 (Crucifying that Ideal)

Motherhood - Part 1 (Dying to Self)

Reflection from Daniel - Nebuchadnezzar