In the Family of God: I am Jesus' Sister

I wrote about our identity as son and daughter of God in previous post

You know, in the natural, biological aspect, when 2 people have the same parents, that makes them siblings, isn't it? 

By that same logic, if Jesus and I have the same Father, doesn't that make us...siblings? 


OK, I can just hear someone shouting blasphemy or accusing me of suggesting false doctrine as they read what I wrote. 😂

But would you open up your heart and mind and think about it for a moment? 


Few months ago, as I was studying the book of John, I received a revelation on these 10 words of Jesus: My Father and your Father, My God and your God. Yes, that was what Jesus told Mary Magdalene when He asked her to go tell His brethren 'I am ascending to My Father and your Father'. (You can read my post here). 

What do you think Jesus meant by that? 

Exactly as the words suggested - He is going to One Person. That Person is His Father. That Person is also our Father. That One Person is the same Person - Jesus' Father and our Father. 


There are other Scriptures that speak about Jesus being the firstborn. 

Romans 8:29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Source: Internet

According to Romans 8:29, 

1) Who is Jesus? He is the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. 

2) And who are this 'many brothers and sisters'? It is us! Us, whom God foreknew and predestined to be conformed to the image of Jesus. 


Another Scripture, Hebrews 2:11-12 For both He who sanctifies and those who are being sanctified are all of one, for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren, saying: “I will declare Your name to My brethren; In the midst of the assembly I will sing praise to You.”

The NLT version puts it clear as day. So now Jesus and the ones he makes holy have the same Father. That is why Jesus is not ashamed to call them his brothers and sisters. 

Who are the 'them' in this verse? We are! 


Beloved in Christ, let's take the Scripture as it is. 

If the Bible tells me I am saved when I believe in my heart and confess with my mouth, then I am saved. Right? 

When the Bible tells me that Jesus is the firstborn among many brothers and sisters, then Jesus IS the firstborn among us, the many brothers and sisters. I am (one of) the sister. You are (one of) the brother/ sister. 

When the Bible tells me that Jesus and me (the one He makes holy) have the same Father, then yes, Jesus and me have the same Father. 

When the Bible tells me that Jesus is not ashamed to call me His sister, then praise the Lord! I am His sister indeed! 


So, beloved, we are in the family of God. We are Jesus' brother/ sister! 

Popular posts from this blog

Motherhood - Part 4 (Crucifying that Ideal)

Motherhood - Part 1 (Dying to Self)

Reflection from Daniel - Nebuchadnezzar